Putra Heights inferno: 270 out of 437 houses declared safe to reside in so far, say cops


SUBANG JAYA: A total of 270 houses affected by the gas pipeline fire in Putra Heights are safe to be lived in, says Comm Datuk Hussein Omar Khan.

The Selangor police chief said the Selangor Fire and Rescue Department and other relevant agencies have already inspected the homes within a 325m radius of the blast site.

"On Monday (April 7), 151 homes were announced fit to be resided in and today, the number has increased to 270 from 437 homes.

"Out of the 270 homes, there are a several houses that are in need of minor repairs," he told a press conference at the incident operation centre on Tuesday (April 8).

Comm Hussein said a total of 571 vehicles were affected by the fire as well.

"88 of them sustained more than 50% damage, 332 below 50% and 151 others were undamaged," he said.

 

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Over 1,000 displaced as floods worsen in Sabah’s north, Pitas emerges as worst-hit
'Don't shoot the messenger', says Nurul Izzah in urging authorities to probe allegations into MACC chief's alleged shareholdings
Anwar holds talks with Singapore PM Lawrence Wong
ROS refutes allegations of power abuse by MIPP
Cops on the hunt for duo who broke into Sitiawan mosque, stole from donation boxes
116 Bazaar Ramadan Rahmah to be held this year, says Fuziah
Malaysia looks forward to close cooperation with new Bangladesh leadership, says Anwar
More than a gimmick, 'roti pocong' a hit at Paroi Ramadan bazaar
Melaka assembly may dissolve in April, state poll expected in June
Plight of two families in Banting fire draws Anwar's attention

Others Also Read