Social media user sorry for viral Zumba in school uniform video


Photo: Sinar Harian

SHAH ALAM: A social media user has apologised for a Zumba session in school uniforms, without proper attire, at Bukit Badong Hall, Kuala Selangor.

The individual said the incident happened spontaneously and without the organisers’ knowledge, according to Sinar Harian.

"I want to apologise for what happened earlier regarding the case of wearing a headscarf, but not wearing proper clothing and so on.

"Actually, I want to apologise to Bukit Badong Hall because this morning we held a Zumba session here," she said in a video recording on Sunday (Jan 18).

She said the controversial live broadcast on social media was unplanned and no one was informed in advance.

"As for the organisers, they really did not know anything because I started the live broadcast spontaneously.

"Everything happened spontaneously and was probably due to my own mistake, but whatever it is, I apologise," she explained.

The issue earlier sparked criticism from netizens on social media, who questioned the attire and the appropriateness of the activity, especially since it featured people in school uniforms.

Previously, the media reported that the Selangor Islamic Religious Department would take stern action in accordance with existing legal provisions following the circulation of a video showing allegedly indecent aerobic exercises at the hall.

Meanwhile, Kuala Selangor district police chief Superintendent Azaharudin Tajudin said his department had opened an investigation paper over the spread of photos and videos of the Zumba programme.

He said his team had detected pictures and videos related to a "back to school"-themed Zumba programme that were uploaded on social media at about 11.13am on Saturday.

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Zumba , School Uniform , Bukit Badong , Apology , Unplanned ,

Next In Nation

Wiring faults leading cause of fires involving heritage building in Penang, says Bomba
Penang Pakatan remains open to working with Barisan, says Chow
Barisan to continue maintaining understanding in Unity Govt, says Zambry
Anti-sexual harassment tribunal resolved 69 cases so far this year, says Nancy
Court acquits former Perlis MB's son of RM19,505 false claim charge
Nancy: We are monitoring the sexual harassment case in Sarawak involving police officer
Mindef to strengthen local defence industry, says Khaled
Woman fined RM2,000 for offering sexual services
Malaysia warns regional nations over Norway defence deals after axed RM1bil missile pact
Johor Barisan's move to contest state election independently not a betrayal of unity govt, says Zambry

Others Also Read