Cops still waiting for medical report in probe into assault of disabled man, says acting Kemaman OCPD


KUALA TERENGGANU: Police are still waiting for the medical report of a disabled man who was assaulted at the Pasar Tani Padang Astaka Chukai, Kemaman, on Jan 17.

Acting Kemaman OCPD Deputy Supt Wan Muhamad Wan Ja’afar said the investigation paper on the assault of Nor Al Faizan Jusoh, 47, has been submitted to the Attorney General’s Chambers.

However, he said that after reviewing the statements, the Deputy Public Prosecutor’s office directed the police to obtain a complete medical report from Kemaman Hospital.

"Therefore, police advise the public and social media users not to make any statements that could disrupt investigations or create public anxiety.

"Legal action may be taken against anyone who violates these regulations,” he said in a statement Friday (Jan 24).

DSP Wan Muhamad added that the police will ensure the investigation is conducted transparently and fairly, with updates on the case provided as necessary.

So far, six men aged between 18 and 60 years old have been arrested in connection with the case, which has drawn significant attention, including from national leaders. - Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Police , Assault , Disabled , DPP , Investigation , OCPD , Kemaman

Next In Nation

No compromise on sexual misconduct, says Johor Education Dept
Johor cops detain man for allegedly molesting pupil
Three dead, one seriously hurt after car crashes into cement lorry on Karak Highway
Penang braces for 1.9 million vehicles amid holiday rush, police intensify traffic ops
Two held over deadly helium cylinder blast in Sg Petani
Goldman Sachs to pay US$500mil to settle shareholder lawsuit over 1MDB scandal
We didn’t bar outsiders from Orang Asli villages, says Jakoa
Federal bike lane upgrade to be done by August
Working mums struggling with parental burnout
Mandatory drug price display on hold

Others Also Read