Pamela Ling abduction: Cops record statements from 25 individuals so far


KUALA LUMPUR: The police have recorded the statements of twenty-five individuals in connection with the alleged abduction of Datin Seri Pamela Ling Yueh.

Putrajaya OCPD Asst Comm Aidi Sham Mohamed said as of Saturday (May 10), 25 witnesses have had their statements recorded.

"We are also in the midst of recording the statements of her three children in Singapore.

"We are seeking the assistance of Interpol to record their statements at the Malaysian High Commission in Singapore soon," he said when contacted on Saturday (May 10).

The police have also completed the fotofit of one of the suspects, he added.

"However, it is a 40% match," he said.

On Thursday (May 8), Kuala Lumpur police chief Comm Datuk Rusdi Mohd Isa said the police were not ruling out the possibility that Pamela might have staged her own abduction.

"The investigation is still ongoing and the possibility that she had staged her own abduction is being explored.

"It is one of the angles in our investigation. We will conduct a thorough investigation to rule out various possibilities," he said.

On April 9, Pamela was summoned to the MACC headquarters in Putrajaya to assist with an investigation under the MACC Act 2009 and the Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorism Financing, and Proceeds of Unlawful Activities Act.

However, she reportedly went missing while on her way to the appointment. Her lawyer filed a police report regarding her disappearance on the same day.

So far, no ransom demand had been made in connection with her disappearance.

Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Razarudin Husain previously said Pamela's husband was among those who could be a suspect in her disappearance.

"For now, the possibilities are along those lines and perhaps others are involved as well," he said.

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Cops open murder probe after body found in Sungai Perak
Tahfiz teacher arrested for sexual assault, abuse of two boys
Zayn Rayyan case: Sept 28 set for Ismanira’s appeal decision
Indonesia foils attempt to smuggle 75.7 tonnes of tin sand to Malaysia
Agriculture and Food Security Ministry to cut import reliance amid geopolitical uncertainties
No procession for Sarawak Maulidur Rasul celebration amid haze, hot weather
Immigration lorry crash: Investigation paper to be referred to AGC on Aug 20
Cops seize over 50,000 litres of misappropriated diesel during Puchong raid
Seven-day remand for man suspected of setting woman on fire
Budget 2027: Penang urges govt to commit to establishing new financial centre

Others Also Read