Muhyiddin: 147 China nationals denied entry into M'sia since Jan 27


  • Nation
  • Tuesday, 04 Feb 2020

PETALING JAYA: Malaysia has denied entry to 147 Chinese citizens from the Hubei province since Jan 27.

Home Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin (pic) shared statistics on the matter in a Facebook post on Tuesday (Feb 4).

Of the 147,30 had tried to enter the country via the Sultan Abu Bakar Complex (KSAB) in Johor on Jan 28.

Another 32 were barred from entering via Port Klang on Jan 29, with a further 33 from the same port on Feb 3.

Previously, the government had halted all immigration facilities, including issuing visas, for Chinese citizens from Wuhan and areas around Hubei province with immediate effect, following the novel coranavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak.

The Prime Minister's Office said the decision to suspend the issuance of visas to China nationals was made to contain the spread of the virus.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 0
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

Wuhan , Visa , China , Home Ministry , Muhyiddin Yassin

   

Next In Nation

Asst cook remanded over employer's death
Wisma Putra: No report of Malaysians affected in Turkiye earthquake so far
Police inspector killed in road accident in Tumpat
Nine months' free Internet for 1,488 B40 folk under Jendela@PPR scheme
Dilapidated railway station in Sabah turns to ‘dust’
Kuantan woman says lost RM53,875 to online job scam
Each emergency dept faces own challenges that can lead to delays, says Health Minister
Homemade pistol and air rifles seized in Dungun police raids
Umno polls ongoing, no need to urge any leader to step down, says party veep
Man awakened by loud blast saves family from burning house in Sepanggar

Others Also Read