Cabinet reshuffle will be minor, still open for input, says PM


KUALA LUMPUR: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim says the upcoming Cabinet reshuffle will be minor, and although he already has a list in mind, he remains open to input from others.

Speaking at the launch and book-signing of his latest book "Rethinking Ourselves" at Tsutaya Bookstores, Pavilion Bukit Jalil on Sunday (Dec 7), Anwar stressed that he is not rushing the decision, despite it being his prerogative as Prime Minister.

"I thank MCA for their views but it is not an issue as we are all still part of the government. It is their view (to replace Education Minister Fadhlina Sidek).

"I am thinking of the reshuffle. I do not want to rush. I need to reflect as I am still listening (to views) and I have not discussed with all party leaders yet.

"Although this decision is my prerogative, I am thankful and appreciate that they say these are their views and finally, I would have to decide. I have not even met with the Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi yet.

"Filling the gaps also means a minor reshuffle. I have, I have (a list for the reshuffle)," Anwar said when pressed if he already has names in mind.

Anwar previously said the new appointments would be decided after careful consideration, based on the people’s interests and the nation’s reform agenda.

He also reiterated it would not be a major Cabinet reshuffle, but rather to fill several vacant ministerial posts.

Currently, there are four vacancies in the Cabinet, with the portfolios being managed temporarily by other ministers.

The vacant positions are: Entrepreneur Development and Cooperatives Minister, Economy Minister, Natural Resources and Environmental Sustainability Minister, and Investment, Trade and Industry Minister.

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Selangor Sultan urges state govt to continue prioritising people's well-being
Illegal gold mining threatens lives, environment, says Kelantan MB
Smart campus tech framework to drive UKKM development, says Sim
Kota Baru man found dead in bathroom
GSF 2.0: All 428 activists released, Malaysians expected home on May 24
Royal decree should be viewed as guidance, not political interference, says Tengku Zafrul
Man found dead in pool of blood outside Pekan Nenas restaurant
Federal Highway motorcycle lane upgrade to be done in August
Gold mining tragedy in Jeli leaves pregnant mother of four widowed
Jakoa denies restricting entry of outsiders into Orang Asli villages

Others Also Read