Namewee's remand extended to Nov 13 in murder probe


KUALA LUMPUR: The remand order for local rapper Wee Meng Chee, better known as Namewee, has been extended for three days, his lawyer says.

Namewee's lawyer Joshua Tay, when met outside the Dang Wangi police headquarters, said that the remand period had been extended until Thursday (Nov 13).

“As of now, what I can say is that the police have said that their investigations have not been completed,” he said.

Tay said his client is healthy and remains in good spirits.

The police had reclassified the death of Taiwanese influencer Hsieh Yun Hsi as murder after the initial sudden death classification.

Previously, Namewee was remanded until Nov 10 after surrendering to the police on Nov 5.

Investigations revealed that Namewee was the last person seen with the 31-year-old victim in a room at a hotel here at about 1.40pm on Oct 22.

He was later arrested for alleged possession and use of drugs but was released after pleading not guilty to the drug-related charges at the Jalan Duta Court on Oct 24.

 

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Namewee , Remand , Hsieh Yun Hsi , Taiwan , Influencer , Murder , Drugs

Next In Nation

Two Malaysians detained in Thailand, illicit narcotics seized
First Malayan tiger to be released from NWRC into natural habitat
Mother in dazed state, unable to process death of husband and two children
GOF seizes RM31.7mil worth of minerals in Perak
Four men armed with machetes and pump gun-like object rob jewellery shop in Kuantan
Anwar arrives in Brunei for Annual Leaders' Consultation
Perhilitan captures 500kg crocodile in Sungai Linggi
Police have initiated five investigations over Tabung Haji issue, 127 questioned
Malaysia to use Asean diplomatic channels to address trans-boundary haze
Govt challenges Semantan valuer's Duta Enclave land valuation

Others Also Read