Court rejects woman's application for second psychiatric evaluation


KUALA LUMPUR: The Sessions Court here has ruled that a female masseuse facing charges of uploading videos and photos of a fake marriage certificate involving herself and a member of the royal family does not need to undergo another psychiatric evaluation.

Judge Suhaila Haron said that the psychiatric medical report for Persana Avril Sollunda, 43, was obtained from Hospital Bahagia Ulu Kinta, Tanjung Rambutan, Perak, which showed the accused was fit to stand trial.

"Any issues related to medication can be referred directly to the hospital. The court set the case mention for Oct 31, while the previously scheduled trial dates of Dec 3 to 5 were maintained," she said during the case mention on Monday (Oct 13).

Earlier, Deputy Public Prosecutor Izzat Amir Idham rejected the accused's application and informed the court that the psychiatric medical report of Persana Avril obtained earlier was sufficient.

"Based on the report, the accused is fit to stand trial. The report is sufficient, and if there were any issues regarding ineffective medication, the lawyers should write a letter or contact the prison authorities," he said.

Previously, lawyer Rubhern Raj, representing Persana Avril said they requested another psychiatric evaluation for their client because the existing medication was ineffective.

"My client also complained of frequent pacing and being difficult to control, causing problems for the prison authorities," he said.

In the proceedings, Izzat Amir also informed the court that there were amendments to the charges, with the phrase "hurting the feelings of others" being changed to "disturbing others."

The charge was then read again to the accused, who maintained her plea of not guilty.

Persana Avril was charged with creating and initiating the distribution of images in a fake video on TikTok through the account "king.charles.ratu," which displayed a fake marriage certificate between a royal family member and Crown Princess Ratu Shana, with the intention of disturbing others on Feb 25.

The post was accessed at the Cyber Crime and Multimedia Investigation Division of Bukit Aman's Commercial Crime Investigation Department, located at Menara KPJ in Wangsa Maju here, at 10am on Feb 26, under Section 233(1)(a) of the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998.

If convicted, Persana Avril can be punished under Section 233(3) of the same act, which carries a maximum sentence of two years imprisonment or a fine of RM500,000 or both, and can be further fined RM5,000 for each day the offence continues after conviction. - Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Selangor Sultan urges state govt to continue prioritising people's well-being
Illegal gold mining threatens lives, environment, says Kelantan MB
Smart campus tech framework to drive UKKM development, says Sim
Kota Baru man found dead in bathroom
GSF 2.0: All 428 activists released, Malaysians expected home on May 24
Royal decree should be viewed as guidance, not political interference, says Tengku Zafrul
Man found dead in pool of blood outside Pekan Nenas restaurant
Federal Highway motorcycle lane upgrade to be done in August
Gold mining tragedy in Jeli leaves pregnant mother of four widowed
Jakoa denies restricting entry of outsiders into Orang Asli villages

Others Also Read