Wan Saiful should face the sack over statutory declarations scandal, says Bersatu leader


PETALING JAYA: Stern action must be taken against Bersatu supreme council member Datuk Wan Saiful Wan Jan to defend the integrity, discipline and pride of the party's struggle, says a Bersatu division leader.

Tasek Gelugor Bersatu chief Azmi Alang said this includes sacking Wan Saiful.

"We must be brave in making the right but bitter decision. Leaders who fail to show character, discipline and loyalty to our cause not only weakens the grassroots but also gives the enemy ammunition.

ALSO READ: Clear your name in front of Bersatu disciplinary board, not the media, Tun Faisal urges Wan Saiful

"For the sake of the party's continuity and the rakyat's confidence, stern action – including sacking – is the only way," the Telok Ayer Tawar assemblyman said in a statement on Monday (Sept 30).

Azmi said the rakyat were watching and evaluating what the party does next.

"If we fail to act, the party will be perceived as weak and has compromised morals, which will destroy our cause," he said.

ALSO READ: Wan Saiful says he plans to refer Azmin, Tun Faisal to Bersatu disciplinary board

This comes after Wan Saiful held a press conference earlier Monday denying allegations that there were statutory declarations collected to oust party president Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin.

The Tasek Gelugor MP also said he would refer both party secretary-general Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali and information chief Datuk Tun Faisal Ismail Aziz to the party's disciplinary board for alleged threats against division leaders supposedly linked to the plot to oust Muhyiddin.

Wan Saiful also said Azmin should not remain as a party leader as long as the controversy surrounding a sexually explicit video of the latter remained unresolved.

Prior to the Bersatu annual general assembly earlier in September, there was talk of alleged statutory declarations among Bersatu division leaders calling for Muhyiddin to step down as president.

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Cops open murder probe after body found in Sungai Perak
Tahfiz teacher arrested for sexual assault, abuse of two boys
Zayn Rayyan case: Sept 28 set for Ismanira’s appeal decision
Indonesia foils attempt to smuggle 75.7 tonnes of tin sand to Malaysia
Agriculture and Food Security Ministry to cut import reliance amid geopolitical uncertainties
No procession for Sarawak Maulidur Rasul celebration amid haze, hot weather
Immigration lorry crash: Investigation paper to be referred to AGC on Aug 20
Cops seize over 50,000 litres of misappropriated diesel during Puchong raid
Seven-day remand for man suspected of setting woman on fire
Budget 2027: Penang urges govt to commit to establishing new financial centre

Others Also Read