Clear your name in front of Bersatu disciplinary board, not the media, Tun Faisal urges Wan Saiful


PETALING JAYA: A Bersatu leader has told Datuk Wan Saiful Wan Jan that he should defend himself in front of the Bersatu disciplinary board and not at a press conference.

Bersatu information chief Datuk Tun Faisal Ismail Aziz said evidence must be presented and witnesses called over any alleged breaches in party discipline.

"The best place to clean your name and present the said evidence is in front of the disciplinary board – not a press conference," he said in a statement on Monday (Sept 29), Astro Awani reported.

ALSO READ: Wan Saiful says he plans to refer Azmin, Tun Faisal to Bersatu disciplinary board

Tun Faisal was responding to a press conference by Wan Saiful, who denied that the statutory declarations involving 120 Bersatu divisions were aimed at getting president Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin to step down.

Wan Saiful said the allegations were a "wayward narrative" and that the statutory declarations were instead aimed at supporting Muhyiddin in the party's transition.

Prior to the Bersatu annual general assembly earlier in September, there was talk of statutory declarations from Bersatu division leaders calling for Muhyiddin to step down as president.

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Cops open murder probe after body found in Sungai Perak
Tahfiz teacher arrested for sexual assault, abuse of two boys
Zayn Rayyan case: Sept 28 set for Ismanira’s appeal decision
Indonesia foils attempt to smuggle 75.7 tonnes of tin sand to Malaysia
Agriculture and Food Security Ministry to cut import reliance amid geopolitical uncertainties
No procession for Sarawak Maulidur Rasul celebration amid haze, hot weather
Immigration lorry crash: Investigation paper to be referred to AGC on Aug 20
Cops seize over 50,000 litres of misappropriated diesel during Puchong raid
Seven-day remand for man suspected of setting woman on fire
Budget 2027: Penang urges govt to commit to establishing new financial centre

Others Also Read