Police probing false social media claims about Kelantan Sultan's death


KOTA BHARU: Police have confirmed receiving a report regarding a false claim circulated on social media alleging that Kelantan Ruler Sultan Muhammad V had passed away last week.

Kelantan police chief Datuk Mohd Yusoff Mamat said the case is being investigated by the Classified Crime Investigation Unit (USJT) of Bukit Aman.

"The individual involved had falsely claimed that the Sultan of Kelantan had passed away. A police report was lodged, and the investigation has been taken over by USJT.

"We are currently tracking down the person responsible for uploading the post. The case is being investigated under the Sedition Act 1948,” he told reporters at a special press conference at the Kelantan Police Contingent Headquarters on Sunday (July 13).

The false statement recently went viral on social media, sparking concern among the public - Bernama 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Elderly woman stabbed by daughter with can opener in Johol
Former footballer back in action with ‘air balang’ business
Hajiji urges flood victims�to prioritise safety
Anwar meets with Singapore PM
MMEA assures transparent probe into personnel misconduct
116 Bazaar Ramadan Rahmah held nationwide
M’sia eyes stronger ties with new PM
Paitan hit hardest by floods�
Gen Z continues tradition
PM: 10 years is enough

Others Also Read