Malaysians to leave Iran by Friday


Evacuation order given as tension between Israel and Iran escalates

PUTRAJAYA: Malaysian citizens who are in Iran will be evacuated on Friday, says Datuk Fahmi Fadzil (pic).

He said Malaysian students, tourists and embassy personnel will be assisted to leave the country.

Fahmi, who is the government’s spokesman, said Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim had informed the Cabinet that only a small number of Malaysians are currently in Iran.

“They have been advised to leave the country.

“Visa arrangements have been finalised and they will begin departing within the next day or two, most likely by June 20,” he said yesterday.

Asked whether evacuation units would be deployed, Fahmi said preparations had been made but for security reasons, specific details could not be disclosed.

On June 13, Israel launched a series of strikes on Iranian territory, reportedly killing several high-ranking military officials and scientists.

In retaliation, Iran fired ballistic missiles at several locations in Israel, resulting in multiple casualties and injuries.

Wisma Putra confirmed that no Malaysians in Iran have been reported affected by the attacks.

However, the Foreign Ministry has strongly urged Malaysians in Iran to leave immediately amid the heightened security situation following Israel’s aggression against Iran.

“Given the rapidly deteriorating conditions, all Malaysians are strongly urged to leave the country immediately by any available means,” the ministry said in a statement on Tuesday.

In case of emergency, Malaysians in Iran may contact the Embassy of Malaysia in Tehran at address: No.25, 2nd Alley, North Zarafshan St., Shahrak-e-Gharb; phone number: +98 21 8807 2444, +98 21 8807 8606, +98 933 535 2602 or e-mail: mwtehran@kln.gov.my / mwconsular.teh@gmail.com.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Fresh concern in Sabah as injured elephant spotted in Kalabakan
Man crashes car into Ipoh entertainment outlet
66 evacuated in Beaufort due to floods
Zara Qairina inquest: Victim claimed she was harassed by ‘tomboy’ student
Six nabbed for murder in Ipoh
BM remains official language for patient records, says Health Dept
Selangor Opposition wants Seri Kembangan rep to apologise over remarks, backs Selangor Ruler’s decree
State Umno supports Selangor Sultan's call to uphold Rukun Negara
New Malaysian passport to be issued from June 1, features 94 security elements
Over 19,000 illegal immigrants deported in 2026

Others Also Read