Family of balloon trader lodge police report


PETALING JAYA: Police have received a report from the family of a balloon trader who claimed that he was assaulted by Kuala Lumpur City Hall enforcement personnel during a scuffle at Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman on Friday.

Dang Wangi OCPD Asst Comm Sulizmie Affendy Sulaiman said that previously, a police report was lodged by City Hall, and the current one was a report by the individual's family.

"So far five statements have been recorded, including four from City Hall personnel and one of the trader," Sinar Harian quoted him as saying on Sunday (March 30).

"No arrests have been made so far about the case, and the investigation is being completed with witness statements, especially independent witnesses, as well as reviewing closed-circuit television (CCTV) footages of the incident.

ACP Sulizme said the case is being investigated under Section 186 of the Penal Code for obstructing a public servant from carrying out his duties.

According to him, the investigation is still ongoing, and the public is reminded not to make any speculations on the matter.

He said the police conducted the investigation transparently and fairly in accordance with the provisions of the law.

An almost two-minute viral video on Friday (March 28) showed a scuffle between an unlicenced balloon trader and City Hall enforcement officers during the process of removing his goods on the roadside.

 

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Selangor Sultan urges state govt to continue prioritising people's well-being
Illegal gold mining threatens lives, environment, says Kelantan MB
Smart campus tech framework to drive UKKM development, says Sim
Kota Baru man found dead in bathroom
GSF 2.0: All 428 activists released, Malaysians expected home on May 24
Royal decree should be viewed as guidance, not political interference, says Tengku Zafrul
Man found dead in pool of blood outside Pekan Nenas restaurant
Federal Highway motorcycle lane upgrade to be done in August
Gold mining tragedy in Jeli leaves pregnant mother of four widowed
Jakoa denies restricting entry of outsiders into Orang Asli villages

Others Also Read