School vice-principal who allegedly abused girl removed, says Wong


PETALING JAYA: The vice-principal of a school who allegedly harassed a 12-year-old pupil has been removed from the campus, says Wong Kah Woh.

The Deputy Education Minister was responding to reports that the girl had been harassed.

He said what was important was to protect the victim and urged the public to give her space.

"After receiving the report, the Education Department took the necessary action and removed the individual implicated from the campus," he said in a Facebook post on Sunday (Oct 13).

Wong added that the victim would not be transferred to another school.

"Absolutely not. The interests of children are the Education Ministry's primary concern.

"Meanwhile, the Perak Education Department is investigating the case and taking further action," he said, adding that the police are also conducting an investigation.

A Chinese daily had reported that the suspect had allegedly molested and sent obscene messages to the victim.

Ipoh police have also confirmed the case.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Pangolin still in danger despite reduced threat in Sabah
Economic opportunities for Penang predicted to prosper mid-2026
Trump hikes US global tariff rate to 15%
Langkawi waves claim life of Shanghai man
Broader statutory body to oversee premium crops
Easing financial hardships�
Perikatan faces leadership test
Displaced families seek refuge as rains continue
Flood response in full swing
Hunt on for trio alleged to have hypnotised, cheated woman

Others Also Read