Cops take statement from actor accused of assaulting girlfriend


PETALING JAYA: The actor who allegedly attacked his girlfriend has given his statement to the police.

The man presented himself to the police on Wednesday (July 10), Petaling Jaya OCPD Asst Comm Shahrulnizam Jaa'far said when contacted.

"The actor came to give his statement at 9pm, accompanied by his father.

"Statements were also taken from the victim's sister.

ALSO READ : Cops to summon actor accused of hitting girlfriend

"The investigation paper will be forwarded to the deputy public prosecutor for further action," he said on Thursday (July 11).

It was reported earlier that an actor allegedly punched his girlfriend during an argument in his vehicle.

The victim then lodged a report at the SEA Park police station on Sunday (July 7).

The case is being investigated under Section 323 of the Penal Code for voluntarily causing hurt.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
   

Next In Nation

How to tell your durians apart: The 101 on Musang King and more
Committed to giving back
Appointments discussed at Rulers’ meet
Many homes left in limbo
An installation with a personal touch
Three nabbed in RM9mil cocaine haul
Ex-MARii CEO jailed one year, fined for training contract fraud
Online loan sharks a tough catch
Caterer burned by food order for ‘fire station event’
MH17 coverage a haunting affair

Others Also Read