PETALING JAYA: New enhanced movement control order has been placed in five localities in Sabah, Sarawak, and Kelantan.
Kampung Selagon and Kampung Binsulok in Beaufort, Sabah have been placed under EMCO.
In Sarawak, the Kuarters Pekerja Ladang Palmlyn has also been placed under an EMCO, and so has Kampung Belian and Kampung Tok Sadang in Kelantan.
Senior Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein, in his daily press statement on Monday (Aug 2), said that all new EMCOs will begin on Aug 4 and end on Aug 17.
Meanwhile, EMCOs at 12 localities in Terengganu, three in Pahang and one in Sabah would be extended, following a risk analysis by the Health Ministry.
On compliance checks, the minister said that 34 premises had been closed down on Aug 1 during snap checks across the country.
A total of 348 people were issued compounds, while another 27 were remanded.
Under Ops Benteng, the authorities arrested 40 illegal immigrants while also seizing three vehicles.