KUALA LUMPUR: The submission dates in the SRC International Sdn Bhd trial involving former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak have been rescheduled in light of the movement control order (MCO).
Deputy registrar Mahyudin Mohmad Som confirmed that hearing dates for oral submission have been fixed for three days starting May 18.
“The previous dates for oral submission that were fixed before (May 13 and May 15) have been vacated, ” he said when contacted on Friday (April 10).
The court also ordered the defence to submit its written submission by April 28 and the prosecution to reply by May 12.
Mahyudin said the new dates were fixed following a request by the defence who sought a two-week extension to file in their submission in view of the MCO.
“The prosecution had no objection to the request. Justice Mohd Nazlan Mohd Ghazali allowed the request but gave an extension of one week instead, ” he added.
The defence trial, which started on Dec 3 last year, lasted 33 days with 19 witnesses taking the stand.
Najib, 67, was the first witness to testify in the defence trial.
Other high profile witnesses were former foreign minister Datuk Seri Anifah Aman, former minister at the prime minister's department Datuk Seri Jamil Khir Baharom, former attorney general Tan Sri Mohamed Apandi Ali and former MACC chief commissioners Tan Sri Dzulkifli Ahmad and Latheefa Koya.
A total of 807 exhibits were tendered in court.
The prosecution had earlier called 57 witnesses to the stand.
Najib is facing seven charges – three for criminal breach of trust, one for abuse of power and three for money laundering involving SRC International funds totalling RM42mil.