Suspect nabbed in PJ over allegedly seditious posts


CHUKAI: Police have detained a man suspected of making a seditious and insulting Facebook post against the royal Institution, the Malaysian government and a security agency.

Kemaman police chief Supt Mohd Razi Rosli said the 39-year-old man was arrested in Damansara Damai, Petaling Jaya, Selangor on a mobile phone and two SIM cards were seized.

"The seized items have been handed over to the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) for digital forensic analysis," he said in a statement on Sunday (Aug 23).

Mohd Razi said the man had been remanded until Wednesday for investigations under Section 4(1) of the Sedition Act 1948 and Section 233 of the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998. – Bernama

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Kemaman , Police , MCMC , Arrest , Sedition , Social Media

Next In Nation

Sabah eyes promoting fishing as an international niche sports tourism product
Police issue 75 summonses, seize 31 bikes in anti-illegal racing ops on Second Link
Four nabbed, 3.4 tonnes of cooking oil seized in raid on smuggling ring in Terengganu
Pedestrian killed crossing SPRINT Highway near Damansara toll
Puteri Umno hopes to field candidates in Melaka polls
Chukai's Teluk Kalong beach hit by coal pollution again
Dumai and Batam among routes used to smuggle Indonesians into Malaysia, says consulate
Selangor may declare holiday if host tops Sukma medal tally
Federal Territories PAS drafting manifesto 'drawn from the grassroots up'
No M'sians affected by southern Thailand violence, Wisma Putra confirms

Others Also Read