JOHOR BARU: More than RM40mil worth of drugs seized throughout Johor over the past 26 years will be disposed of soon, says Johor deputy police chief Deputy Comm Hoo Chuan Huat.
He said the drugs were linked to some 40,269 investigation papers opened between 1999 and 2025.
“They involved cases where court proceedings had been concluded during that period.

“They consist of some 532.76kg of solid drugs and 10,072 litres of drugs in liquid form,” he said at a press conference at the Johor police headquarters here on Thursday (Aug 20).
DCP Hoo said the drugs included some 264.59kg of syabu, 138.52kg of cannabis, 78.98kg of heroin, 30.47kg of ecstasy powder, 11.69kg of Eramin 5 pills, 5.66kg of ecstasy pills, 2.70kg of ketamine and 410g of Yaba, as well as 10,000 litres of air ketum and 4 litres of codeine.
He said the drugs, which will be disposed of at the Kualiti Alam Sdn Bhd Waste Treatment Centre in Bukit Pelanduk, Negri Sembilan, could potentially supply 1.39 million users.
