Cop already charged with raping daughter pleads not guilty to sexually assaulting another daughter


KUALA LUMPUR: A policeman who is already facing a charge of raping his teenage daughter, has now pleaded not guilty to two counts of physical sexual assault against his other daughter, then aged 11.

The accused, 35, who stood in a position of trust as her biological father, was charged at the Ampang Sessions Court on Wednesday (July 22)with committing the acts against the victim, who was then 11 years and 10 months old.

The father of four alleged committed the offences at an apartment in Kuala Kubu Bharu, Rawang, between 9pm and 10pm on May 21 and at 2pm on May 22.

The charges were brought under Section 14(b) of the Sexual Offences Against Children Act 2017, read together with Section 16(1) of the same Act, which provides for a maximum imprisonment of up to 20 years and caning, in addition to an extra term of imprisonment of up to five years and no fewer than two strokes of the cane, upon conviction.

Deputy public prosecutor Muhammad Hairuliqram Hairuddin did not offer bail, citing the accused's prior charge in the Kuala Kubu Bharu Court under Section 376 of the Penal Code for raping his 18-year-old daughter.

"After the court granted bail, the victim's family members lodged a report claiming that the accused had been harassing the teenager. As such, the prosecution is applying for the court to deny him bail," he said.

The accused's lawyer, Muhammad Azim Hilmi Aziz, applied for his client to be granted bail on the grounds that the charge in the Kuala Kubu Bharu Court involved a separate case.

"My client no longer lives with either of the victims and is willing to comply with any additional conditions imposed. He is currently receiving psychiatric treatment at Hospital Bahagia Ulu Kinta, Perak. The medication prescribed for his condition cannot be taken while in prison, as it may cause adverse side effects," he said.

Muhammad Hairuliqram then suggested that the accused, who has been suspended from duty, be placed at the hospital to facilitate monitoring of his medical condition.

However, Muhammad Azim Hilmi informed the court that the accused had no intention of applying to be remanded at Hospital Bahagia, adding that his mother is prepared to settle the bail and ensure her son's attendance in court.

Judge Norshila Kamarudin then proceeded to deny bail and set Aug 26 as the next mention date for the case. – Bernama

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Four nabbed, 3.4 tonnes of cooking oil seized in raid on smuggling ring in Terengganu
Pedestrian killed crossing SPRINT Highway near Damansara toll
Puteri Umno hopes to field candidates in Melaka polls
Suspect nabbed in PJ over allegedly seditious posts
Chukai's Teluk Kalong beach hit by coal pollution again
Dumai and Batam among routes used to smuggle Indonesians into Malaysia, says consulate
Selangor may declare holiday if host tops Sukma medal tally
Federal Territories PAS drafting manifesto 'drawn from the grassroots up'
No M'sians affected by southern Thailand violence, Wisma Putra confirms
Haze causing spike in asthma, upper respiratory illness cases, says Health Minister

Others Also Read