IPOH: Tanjung Malim Parti Keadilan youth chief Muhammad Haziq Azfar Ishak announced his resignation from the Malaysia Keadilan youth wing exco and his exit from Keadilan, effective immediately, on Wednesday (May 20).
According to him, the decision was made in response to his concerns about the party's direction, which he alleged was increasingly deviating from the original principles of struggle, reported Sinar Harian..
He claimed that Keadilan's actions were now contrary to the basic principles of the party's struggle, which had previously been a pillar of support for many.
"Many people's concerns are that Keadilan has become an establishment party that defends the status quo for reasons of practicality and excessive compromise.
"As a result, Keadilan and Pakatan Harapan were forced to ignore the voices of their supporters because of too much back-and-forth and the delay in delivering promises of change," he said in a statement on Wednesday.
Muhammad Haziq Azfar said the perception that all politicians and parties are the same is growing among the public, creating a crisis of trust that needs to be addressed immediately.
According to him, all parties have a social responsibility to work together to restore the people's confidence in the country's political system.
"This situation is even more worrying when it affects the public's trust, especially among the younger generation and first-time voters, in political party institutions and democracy.
"We need to be more radical and aggressive in challenging the business-as-usual approach, especially when the new generation is now facing 21st-century challenges but is still being offered solutions based on 20th-century approaches," he said.
In the same statement, he also expressed his appreciation to the party for the experience and space to struggle throughout his involvement with Keadilan.
