PETALING JAYA: Youth NGO Mandiri executive director Amir Hadi says they have instructed lawyers to initiate legal proceedings against PKR Youth chief Muhammad Kamil Abdul Munim.
In a statement on Sunday (May 17), Muhammad Kamil had linked the organisation to foreign funding and national security threats.
Amir said a letter of demand dated Monday (May 18) had been sent to Muhammad Kamil via email, with a physical copy delivered in the morning.
"We are giving him 48 hours from the date of receiving the letter of demand to respond and issue a public apology," he said in a statement on Monday.
He said Mandiri would proceed with the RM10mil lawsuit should Muhammad Kamil fail to comply.
Mandiri also said it would continue monitoring social media accounts spreading defamatory claims against the organisation and would not hesitate to take legal action if such allegations persisted.
