Man killed after car skids and crashes into road divider near Sungai Besar


PETALING JAYA: A man was killed after the car he was driving skidded, crashed into a road divider and overturned in an accident at Kampung Belia 2, Sungai Panjang, Sungai Besar, Selangor on Wednesday (April 1).

Selangor Fire and Rescue Department assistant director (Operations) Ahmad Mukhlis Mukhtar said the department received an emergency call at 1.25pm.

"A team from the Sungai Besar Fire and Rescue Station was dispatched to the scene, located about 28km away, and arrived at 1.53pm. The accident involved a car carrying three victims - a man and a woman in their 30s, as well as a two-year-old girl," he said in a statement on Wednesday.

He said the male driver was trapped in the driver's seat and was pronounced dead at the scene by Health Ministry personnel.

"The female passenger sustained serious injuries and was handed over to the Health Ministry for further treatment, while the child suffered minor injuries," he added.

Ahmad Mukhlis said two victims had been extricated by members of the public before the arrival of the Fire and Rescue Department.

"The trapped driver was successfully extricated by firemen at 3.03pm and his body was handed over to the police for further action," he said.

The operation involved seven personnel and one fire engine.

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

JPJ to intensify drone use to detect traffic offences over Aidiladha period
PM Anwar holds phone call with Tamil Nadu chief minister Vijay
Onn Hafiz says he was target of sophisticated 'mercenary spyware' attack
Teacher detained to assist probe into sexual assault of schoolboy in Mersing
Debt collector pleads guilty to sexual assault, wrongful confinement and robbery
GSF 2.0: Released Malaysians safe in Istanbul, expected home on Sunday
Reform task force recommends using local firms to advise govt, digitalise more services�
PAS issues gag order on members over party ties issue
Bersama to contest in Pakatan, BN and Perikatan strongholds, says Nik Nazmi
MACC to appeal Singapore dismissal of RM548mil asset restraining order

Others Also Read