SHAH ALAM: Former Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (Bersatu) information chief, Datuk Wan Saiful Wan Jan, has withdrawn the appeal he previously submitted against the party’s decision to dismiss him.
Wan Saiful said he had already sent an official letter to the chairman of the Bersatu Appeals Board to inform him of his decision, reported Sinar Harian.
"To conclude this matter, I want to mention one thing. Among the allegations of wrongdoing against me is that I was involved in establishing the Executive Committee and, subsequently, the Presidential Council in Perikatan Nasional (PN).
"The same thing is being done by Muhyiddin today. This is what he stated in his letter to the party presidents in PN," he added.
"This is the hypocrisy of Muhyiddin and his sycophants," he said in a Facebook post on Monday (Feb 16).
Previously, the Bersatu Disciplinary Board dismissed Wan Saiful, who is also a member of the Supreme Leadership Council, for allegedly violating the party’s constitution and code of ethics.
Apart from Wan Saiful, three other Bersatu leaders were also summoned: Ampang Division chief, Mohd Isa Saidi; Sepang Division chief, Datuk Suhaimi Mohd Ghazali; and Ipoh Timor Division chief, Muhammad Fadhli Ismail.
They are alleged to have been involved in gathering statutory declarations (SDs) from Bersatu division leaders nationwide to propose discussions on a transition of party leadership to deputy president, Datuk Seri Hamzah Zainudin.
On Friday (Feb 13), Hamzah was reportedly dismissed from Bersatu membership with immediate effect via a Notice of Dismissal of Membership dated February 13, 2026, with reference BERSATU/LD/RPT/108/25.
Through the notice, the Bersatu Disciplinary Board stated that the decision was made following a meeting held on Feb 12, 2026.
According to the notice, the dismissal decision was made under Clause 22.5 of the Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (Bersatu) constitution, following Hamzah’s actions which allegedly violated Clause 9.1.4 of the same constitution.
