Sg Golok shooting suspect a former Kelantan footballer, say cops


KOTA BARU: The suspect in the fatal shooting of a Malaysian man in Sungai Golok, Narathiwat, on Saturday (Nov 1) night is believed to be a former Kelantan football player, says Kelantan police chief Comm Datuk Mohd Yusoff Mamat.

The victim, identified as 33-year-old Mohd Fuad Fahmie Ghazali, was shot dead in the incident.

Comm Mohd Yusoff said the information was obtained through internal police investigations.

"We believe the suspect holds dual nationality, but further investigations are ongoing. So far, police have not received the suspect's photo from Thai authorities.

"Police have also tightened security and set up roadblocks to track down the suspect, who may have escaped here," he said when contacted Sunday (Nov 2).

Comm Mohd Yusoff said the motive of the incident would be investigated by Thai police as the shooting occurred there.

Commenting on the victim, he said Mohd Fuad had entered Thailand on Nov 1 using a border pass.

"Initial investigations found that the victim also had four previous drug-related offences since 2020," he said.

Earlier Sunday, Bernama reported that a Malaysian man was shot dead at a house in Sungai Golok, Narathiwat, Thailand, last night.

Mohd Fuad was laid to rest at the Kampung Apam Muslim Cemetery in Apam Putra, Pasir Mas, at 2.30pm Sunday. - Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Cops open murder probe after body found in Sungai Perak
Tahfiz teacher arrested for sexual assault, abuse of two boys
Zayn Rayyan case: Sept 28 set for Ismanira’s appeal decision
Indonesia foils attempt to smuggle 75.7 tonnes of tin sand to Malaysia
Agriculture and Food Security Ministry to cut import reliance amid geopolitical uncertainties
No procession for Sarawak Maulidur Rasul celebration amid haze, hot weather
Immigration lorry crash: Investigation paper to be referred to AGC on Aug 20
Cops seize over 50,000 litres of misappropriated diesel during Puchong raid
Seven-day remand for man suspected of setting woman on fire
Budget 2027: Penang urges govt to commit to establishing new financial centre

Others Also Read