They jabbed my son with syringe in planned attack, says Rafizi


PETALING JAYA: Datuk Seri Rafizi Ramli's family was the target of a planned attack after his son was jabbed with a syringe by an unidentified assailant in a Putrajaya shopping centre car park on Wednesday afternoon (Aug 13).

“At about 1.45pm today, as my wife and son were getting into their car to leave a shopping centre in Putrajaya, a man suddenly grabbed my son and jabbed him with a syringe,” said the former economy minister in a statement.

ALSO READ: Investigation into attack on Rafizi's son will be conducted without fear or favour, says Home Ministry

He said checks revealed that two men on a motorcycle had been following his wife’s car, adding that he believed the assault had been premeditated.

“The attack involved two men dressed entirely in black and wearing full-face helmets.

“They had waited earlier and rushed to attack my son at the right moment,” he said.

ALSO READ: Rafizi's son attacked in Putrajaya mall, say cops

Rafizi said his son was immediately taken to Universiti Putra Malaysia Hospital for treatment, while police arrived at the scene shortly after the incident.

He and his family have since given their statements to investigators.

ALSO READ: Dewan Rakyat Speaker to get Home Ministry to explain attack on Rafizi's son

“Any further information on the incident, investigation and the doctor’s examination results should be issued by the police and the hospital,” he said, thanking the police and hospital staff for their assistance.

Rafizi described it as the first time his family had been targeted in such an attack and alleged it was intended as “a warning to me not to speak out on certain issues”.

“While I will take steps to enhance security measures, I will not bow to any threats and will continue to carry out my duties as usual,” he added.

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Rafizi Ramli , Syringe , Attack , Police , Son ,

Next In Nation

Escaped Immigration detainees easily identifiable with bright green uniforms, shaved heads
Indonesian police arrest 72 people suspected of starting forest fires
Immigration truck crash: 'I have to be strong for my mother'
No guerrilla incursion into Kelantan following south Thai attacks, says GOF
Second boy found drowned, search operation in Keningau ends
Almost RM730mil spent on welfare aid for seniors, OKU, chronically ill this year
Sabah eyes promoting fishing as an international niche sports tourism product
Police issue 75 summonses, seize 31 bikes in anti-illegal racing ops on Second Link
Four nabbed, 3.4 tonnes of cooking oil seized in raid on smuggling ring in Terengganu
Pedestrian killed crossing SPRINT Highway near Damansara toll

Others Also Read