Govt to kick off Budget 2026 consultation session on Aug 7, says Fahmi


KUALA LUMPUR: The government is set to begin its Budget 2026 consultation session this Thursday (Aug 7) to gather feedback from various stakeholders, says Datuk Fahmi Fadzil.

The Communications Minister said that the consultation session will continue until the final draft of the national budget is completed, aiming to collect extensive input to ensure that Budget 2026 reflects the aspirations of both the people and the private sector.

"This consultation session is part of our effort to hear from multiple parties about their expectations and concerns regarding the content of Budget 2026," he said after delivering a keynote address at the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) Nexus Forum (CNF25) on Tuesday (Aug 5).

Youth and Sports Minister Hannah Yeoh was also present.

Fahmi explained that Budget 2026 will consider ongoing initiatives, existing policies, as well as current geopolitical conditions and economic challenges.

He stated that the budget will align with the priorities outlined in the 13th Malaysia Plan (13MP) unveiled by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim last week.

One of the key focus areas of the budget, according to Fahmi, will be on micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs), which are vital to the national economy and play a major role in job creation.

"MSMEs are the lifeblood of our economy, contributing roughly 70% of employment for Malaysians. It's therefore essential that the government understands the issues they face," he said.

According to the Parliamentary Calendar, Budget 2026 is scheduled to be tabled in the Dewan Rakyat on Oct 10.

Finance Minister II Datuk Seri Amir Hamzah Azizan previously mentioned that Budget 2026, in line with the 13MP, will be pragmatic and practical, aimed at sustaining national progress, strengthening the economy amid global uncertainty, and building a more equitable and just society. – Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Selangor Sultan urges state govt to continue prioritising people's well-being
Illegal gold mining threatens lives, environment, says Kelantan MB
Smart campus tech framework to drive UKKM development, says Sim
Kota Baru man found dead in bathroom
GSF 2.0: All 428 activists released, Malaysians expected home on May 24
Royal decree should be viewed as guidance, not political interference, says Tengku Zafrul
Man found dead in pool of blood outside Pekan Nenas restaurant
Federal Highway motorcycle lane upgrade to be done in August
Gold mining tragedy in Jeli leaves pregnant mother of four widowed
Jakoa denies restricting entry of outsiders into Orang Asli villages

Others Also Read