No stations closed tomorrow, says KTMB refuting message circulating on social media


IPOH: Keretapi Tanah Melayu Bhd (KTMB) has refuted that its Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) and Kuala Lumpur stations will be closed Saturday (July 26), following an alleged notice circulating on social media.

In response to a query by a user on its official Facebook page comment section Frida (July 25), the KTMB admin responded that there had been no official announcement from the management.

“At the moment, there has been no official notification from the management regarding this matter.

"Any latest updates will be shared from time to time through KTMB’s official media channels,” the response read.

The alleged notice said that the BNM and Kuala Lumpur KTM stations would be closed from 9am to 5pm Saturday.

The notice also said that trains would not stop at these stations during the closure period.

The circulation of the notice comes ahead a mass rally expected to take place in Kuala Lumpur on Saturday.

Earlier, acting Kuala Lumpur police chief Usuf Jan Mohamad said no roads would be closed in the capital city ahead of the “Turun Anwar” rally.

More than 2,000 police officers and personnel will be stationed at all key gathering points, including Sogo shopping mall, Masjid Jamek, Masjid Negara and Pasar Seni, from 11am.

The rally is anticipated to draw 15,000 participants and is expected to march to Dataran Merdeka at 2pm.

Home Minister Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail previously said the police would facilitate the rally following a Federal Court ruling on July 1 that struck down Section 9(5) of the Peaceful Assembly Act 2012 as unconstitutional, meaning organisers are no longer legally required to notify authorities in advance.

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Cops open murder probe after body found in Sungai Perak
Tahfiz teacher arrested for sexual assault, abuse of two boys
Zayn Rayyan case: Sept 28 set for Ismanira’s appeal decision
Indonesia foils attempt to smuggle 75.7 tonnes of tin sand to Malaysia
Agriculture and Food Security Ministry to cut import reliance amid geopolitical uncertainties
No procession for Sarawak Maulidur Rasul celebration amid haze, hot weather
Immigration lorry crash: Investigation paper to be referred to AGC on Aug 20
Cops seize over 50,000 litres of misappropriated diesel during Puchong raid
Seven-day remand for man suspected of setting woman on fire
Budget 2027: Penang urges govt to commit to establishing new financial centre

Others Also Read