Subang Jaya inferno still raging with nearly 80 firemen battling flames, says S'gor MB


PETALING JAYA: A total of 78 Fire and Rescue Department personnel have been fighting to put out the fire caused by a gas pipeline leak in Putra Heights since early Tuesday (April 1) morning, says Datuk Seri Amirudin Shari.

The Selangor Mentri Besar said that although PETRONAS Gas Bhd has shut down the valve to the affected pipeline, the fire is still raging in the Jalan Harmoni area of Putra Heights because of gas remnants.

ALSO READ: Subang Jaya inferno: Victims recount earthquake-like tremors 

"The process to find and rescue victims is also ongoing with seven evacuated so far," he said in a statement.

"The state national disaster unit has opened a temporary evacuation centre at Putra Heights and is working with the Fire and Rescue Department to receive victims," he added.

Amirudin said the state Health Department is also on standby to channel victims to nearby hospitals for treatment.

He advised the public to stay away from the disaster area until it is confirmed safe by the authorities.

ALSO READ: Subang Jaya inferno: Six people warded in two hospitals 

"'The priority now is to contain the fire and save the victims.

"I pray for all personnel, including those from government agencies on duty in this challenging situation," he said.

It was reported earlier that a ruptured gas pipeline caused a massive explosion and fire at approximately 8.10am.

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Escaped Immigration detainees easily identifiable with bright green uniforms, shaved heads
Indonesian police arrest 72 people suspected of starting forest fires
Immigration truck crash: 'I have to be strong for my mother'
No guerrilla incursion into Kelantan following south Thai attacks, says GOF
Second boy found drowned, search operation in Keningau ends
Almost RM730mil spent on welfare aid for seniors, OKU, chronically ill this year
Sabah eyes promoting fishing as an international niche sports tourism product
Police issue 75 summonses, seize 31 bikes in anti-illegal racing ops on Second Link
Four nabbed, 3.4 tonnes of cooking oil seized in raid on smuggling ring in Terengganu
Pedestrian killed crossing SPRINT Highway near Damansara toll

Others Also Read