IGP: Chief editor of English portal to be questioned over 'Forest City casino' claim


KUALA LUMPUR: Bukit Aman will be questioning a chief editor of an English news portal in connection with an article alleging plans to develop a casino at Forest City, Johor.

Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Razarudin Husain said the chief editor would be called up by Bukit Aman CID's Special Investigation Unit (USJT) at 11am on Monday (May 6).

"An investigation was conducted following a police report lodged by a lawyer to prominent businessman Tan Sri Vincent Tan.

"The report was lodged here (Kuala Lumpur) in connection with the article 'Malaysia Mulls Casino at Forest City: Bloomberg'.

"An investigation will be conducted under Section 4(1) of the Sedition Act, Section 500 of the Penal Code and Section 233 of the Communication and Multimedia Act 1998," he said when contacted on Friday (May 3).

The USJT is expected to record the statement of Tan, who is Berjaya Corp Bhd founder and Genting group chief executive officer Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay regarding the same matter soon, the IGP said.

ALSO READ: Berjaya Corp denies involvement in Forest City Casino talks

"However, the date for recording statements of both men has not been set.

"The USJT have set appointments to record the statements of important witnesses but have not received confirmation on suitable dates," he said.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, Berjaya Corp and Genting Malaysia previously denied the Bloomberg report and urged action to be taken over the article.

Bloomberg had reported that Anwar met Tan and Lim to discuss a casino license for Forest City, Johor.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

STPM candidates evacuated from flood-hit villages in Paitan
Missing angler in Pontian identified as 56YO subcontractor
GOF: RM3.37mil in e-waste seized in Seberang Prai raid
PAS spiritual leader Hashim Jasin in ICU at Penang Hospital after stent procedure
JPJ issues 456 notices in CNY motorcycle operation at Sentul Pasar toll
RM3.5mil lost to love scams in January 2026, says cops
Man slashes another over parking space dispute in Cheras
Azam gives statement on shareholding issue to special probe panel
Sahur turns tragic as fire razes four homes in Kepala Batas
MACC detains T'ganu exco man in abuse of power probe

Others Also Read