We weren’t part of casino talks, says Genting


PETALING JAYA: Genting Malaysia Bhd says neither the company nor its deputy chairman and chief executive Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay participated in talks with the government about opening a casino in Forest City, Johor.

The company denied claims made in a Bloomberg report on Thursday that Lim was involved in discussions with the government last week on operating the casino.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
forest city , casino , bloomberg , genting

Next In Nation

Veteran lawyer Chew Swee Yoke, pioneer of KL legal aid, passed away at 81
Jais to tighten religious school teachers' screening to ensure student safety
Foreign worker applications now fully online, says HR Ministry
Police seize phone of PAS chief Hadi Awang’s Facebook admin
Strengthen TVET to produce skilled, competitive workforce
Anwar receives royal honour from Brunei Sultan
Sabah Day provides platform to appreciate state’s history, identity and culture
Woman killed by falling pole after driver crashes into Cheras food court
Sabah working on reviving idle padi land using modern technology, Jamawi
Lam Thye calls for 'safe and age-friendly' infrastructure in Kuala Lumpur

Others Also Read