KLIA shooting: I’m still traumatised by incident, says estranged wife


PETALING JAYA: The estranged wife of the man wanted for the shooting incident at KL International Airport (KLIA) says she is still traumatised over the incident.

“What I saw at KLIA 1, trauamatised me.

ALSO READ: Shooting drama at the airport

"I apologise due to the unanswered messages. Am still traumatised (due) to what happened in front of my own eyes.

"My personal bodyguard has yet to regain consciousness. Let us all pray for Along's recovery and health," said Farah Md Isa, better known as Farah Cie, on her Facebook page on Monday (April 15).

ALSO READ: Border security tightened in manhunt for suspect

The incident during the wee hours of Sunday (April 14) morning at the airport’s arrival hall saw Farah’s personal bodyguard stepping in to save her life and taking a hit.

The woman, a travel agency owner, had been waiting for the return of her clients from an umrah trip at around 1.20am yesterday when suddenly, there was a huge bang as a firecracker was thrown in her direction, injuring two passers-by.

ALSO READ: Wounded bodyguard had difficulty breathing

Two shots were then fired at Farah at close range, with one bullet missing its mark and the other wounding the bodyguard in his abdomen. The shooter then fled to his car at Block C of the airport’s carpark.

Bukit Aman Criminal Investigation Department (CID) director Comm Datuk Seri Mohd Shuhaily Mohd Zain later said police were looking for 38-year-old Hafizul Harawi, who has had several run-ins with the law.

ALSO READ: KLIA shooting: Suspect's photo sent to all border points, neighbouring country's authorities

The suspect, according to the police, is a partner in the travel agency.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Ramanan lauds SJKT Ladang Kinrara's success at international youth STEM event
Man nabbed while trying to steal railway cables between Kempas Baru, Kulai
Tengku Panglima Perang Pahang visits family of late Trooper Indiran
Govt has improved Armed Forces procurement procedures, says Defence Minister
Beware fake MACC article on scam site posing as The Star
Sabah flood evacuees increase to 4,652 in northern districts
No elements of abuse, bullying found in Trooper Indiran's death, says Khaled
Ex-Bersatu members welcome to join Umno, says Khaled
70-year-old woman swindled out of jewellery in 'pukau' scam
TB outbreak: Mask up at crowded places like Ramadan bazaars, public urged

Others Also Read