No pressure on KTMB to vacate HQ, says Transport Minister


KUALA LUMPUR: The Transport Ministry has never directed or pressured for the more than century-old headquarters of Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad (KTMB) to be vacated and relocated, as some parties claim, says its minister.

Anthony Loke stated that instead, the Railway Assets Corporation (RAC), as the owner of the building, offered KTMB to move to Menara RAC, which was completed last year on Jalan Tun Sambanthan, Brickfields, free of charge.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Johor declares May 25 a state holiday following JDT's Malaysia Cup win
Queen arrives in Turkiye for three-day special visit
Police hunt two brothers over theft of cash box from budget rice seller
No enforcement on non-Muslim houses of worship pending guideline review
Teenage girl reported missing during hike in Tanjong Malim
Pakatan forms three sub-committees to gear up Penang for GE16
PAS to meet before Aidiladha to deliberate continued Bersatu cooperation
Sabah PKR youth unfazed by exit of two division chiefs
Record number of 347,000 train tickets on sale for holiday period
Bipartisan committee can help expedite MA63 issues, 40% revenue rights, says Bangkuai

Others Also Read