KUALA LUMPUR: Investigations into claims that more than 200 tahfiz schools will be closed in Selangor have been classified as “no further action” (NFA) by the Attorney-General’s Chambers (AGC), says the Home Ministry.
Home Minister Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail said the case was investigated under the Sedition Act and Communications and Multimedia Act.
“The investigation papers were referred to the AGC but were classified NFA as sedition elements could not be fulfilled,” he said in a written parliamentary reply dated Tuesday (Nov 21).
Saifuddin Nasution was responding to Lim Lip Eng (PH-Kepong), who asked about the status of investigations on the claim that more than 200 tahfiz schools in Selangor would be closed.
Selangor’s Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah had previously expressed strong disapproval of the claim.
On another matter, Lim also asked about investigations into the claim that 54,000 Chinese citizens were set to receive Malaysian citizenship.
To this, the Home Minister said investigation papers into the case had been handed over to the AGC.
“The case is being investigated under the Penal Code and Communications and Multimedia Act,” Saifuddin Nasution said.
Previously, the National Registration Department (NRD) also issued a statement refuting claims that some 54,000 Chinese nationals were granted Malaysian citizenship.
This came after a PAS social media post stated that the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission should investigate Saifuddin and the NRD for allegedly giving citizenship to 54,000 Chinese nationals.