IPOH: The Manjung police have received a report following the stand-off between a sand mining operator and two non-governmental organisations over a project in Segari, Lumut.
Acting Manjung OCPD Deputy Supt Chong Boo Khim said the report was lodged by the mining operator and investigations were ongoing.
DSP Chong, who is also the deputy OCPD, said no arrests had been made yet.
"The case is still being investigated.
"The people are advised not to speculate on the matter," he said in a statement on Thursday (Feb 2).
ALSO READ: Landowner blocks cops, assemblyman from leaving sand-mining site in Lumut
It was reported that the operator had accused the NGOs, Society of Environmental Activists (Kuasa) and Sahabat Alam Malaysia (SAM), of trespassing.
The operator had blocked the entrance, trapping members of both NGOs and Pantai Remis assemblyman Wong May Ing there for about five hours during the incident on Thursday.
Kuasa and SAM had called for a press conference over the project, which they alleged was destroying a turtle landing site.
DSP Chong also said a team was dispatched to the location at about noon Thursday to defuse the situation.
"About 10 people from two NGOs were demonstrating against the project.
"We managed to control the situation and the stand-off was settled peacefully at about 3.30pm," he said.