GEORGE TOWN: Two police outriders who escorted an MP's son recently in Penang have been transferred.
A police source said the corporals had been transferred to Grik and Padang Besar police headquarters about three weeks ago.
"Both of them have been transferred," said the source briefly to The Star.
The source said currently, the investigation paper of the case was still in Putrajaya, where police were still awaiting orders from the deputy public prosecutor's office for the next course of action.
In a parliamentary written reply dated Aug 3, Home Minister Datuk Seri Hamzah Zainudin said the Penang police had opened disciplinary investigation papers against the two traffic policemen for escorting the son of the MP at Jalan Bukit Gambir in George Town.
He reportedly said the police conducted a thorough investigation of the incident after a 20-second video went viral on social media on May 7.
Hamzah added that action has been taken against the two traffic policemen under Rule 36 of the Public Officers (Conduct and Discipline) Regulations 1993.
Hamzah was responding to a question by Steven Sim (PH-Bukit Mertajam) on the status of the investigation.
The brief video was uploaded on Facebook by a user named anwarazeez.
It showed a man at the wheel of a vehicle being escorted by two traffic policemen on a motorcycle.
The video showed a policeman appearing to stop an oncoming car intending to make a turn, allowing the vehicle to run the red light.
It also showed a car having the right of way abruptly braking, causing the vehicle behind it to also stop suddenly, thus avoiding a collision.
The two traffic policemen seen on video escorting the private vehicle have since been reassigned to administrative duties pending the investigation.