High Court to deliver decision on June 16 over Nora Anne's family application to revise misadventure ruling


SEREMBAN (Bernama): The High Court here has set June 16 to deliver its decision on an application by Nora Anne Quoirin's family for a revision of the Coroner's Court ruling that the teenager's death was due to misadventure.

The family's lawyer, Louise Azmi, when contacted, said judge Azizul Azmi Adnan will give the verdict at 5pm.

The court set the date after hearing submissions from both parties Wednesday (June 9).

On Jan 4, Coroner Maimoonah Aid ruled that no one was involved in the 15-year-old teenager's death and it was a case of misadventure.

A total of 48 witnesses, including the teenager's parents, Meabh Jaseprine Quoirin and Sebastien Quoirin, testified during the inquest that began on Aug 24 last year.

Nora Anne went missing on Aug 4, 2019, a day after she and her family had arrived in Malaysia for a two-week vacation at a resort in Pantai, Seremban, about 60 kilometres south of Kuala Lumpur.

The girl's body was found ten days later near a ravine, which is about 2.5km from the resort, following a massive search.

The preliminary post-mortem report stated that the death of the teenager with disabilities had no criminal elements, and she was confirmed to have died from gastrointestinal bleeding due to prolonged hunger and stress. – Bernama

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
   

Next In Nation

28 evacuated after landslide at Kemensah Heights
Covid-19: Travellers to Langkawi can reschedule flights, hotel accommodations, says Nancy
Gyms now allowed to open subject to SOPs, Youth and Sports Minister announces
500kg croc captured at Bagan Ajam jetty
Penang allows congregational prayers based on mosque capacity from Saturday (Sept 18) for fully vaccinated
Health DG: Four Covid-19 cases detected after screenings of those leaving for Langkawi
Syed Saddiq issued letter of demand over allegations to destabilise Bersatu
TMJ: Johor Covid-19 task force to improve system used to screen, isolate, monitor and treat patients
Sabah needs full RM480mil allocation for flood mitigation, says Kitingan
Setting-up isolation centre for entry of foreign workers a right move to ease shortage of workers, says ACCCIM

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers