Parents with kids schooling across borders only need letters from school when travelling, not police

PUTRAJAYA: Parents who have to send their children who are schooling in different districts or states only need to show letters issued by the school at police roadblocks, says Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.

The Senior Minister (Security) said that parents do not need to get police permission in these situations.

“The technical committee on the movement control order has agreed that police permission is not needed when travelling for this purpose.

“Parents can just show the letter issued by schools on their children’s enrolment to the police manning roadblocks, ” he said on Thursday (Feb 25).

Ismail Sabri said he had spoken to the police leadership on this, and that they had informed district police stations on the matter.

Article type: free
User access status:

Next In Nation

BBC highlights Ain Husniza's cause as she reiterates rape is someone's trauma and not a joke
Most Malaysians adhere to SOP, but pandemic fatigue setting in
Floods victims evacuated in three Melaka districts early Tuesday (May 18)
Khairy: Expectant or nursing mothers can use Pfizer
‘Priority for ages 60 and above’
Many eager to sign up for AZ
Stricter MCO for S’gor to be considered if virus surge continues
Army to build field hospital in Penang
More beds for MAEPS and ICUs

Stories You'll Enjoy