PUTRAJAYA: The meetings, incentives, conferencing and exhibitions (MICE) sector in states under the movement control order (MCO) will be allowed to resume operations from March 5.
Senior Minister (Security) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said among the standard operating procedures would be to ensure that participants in any MICE activity would be limited to 25% of the room capacity or a maximum of 250 people, whichever is lower.
He said the Tourism, Arts and Culture Ministry had reported that revenue from MICE activities had suffered a sharp drop last year.
"To restart the industry, we have decided to allow face-to-face settings and MICE activities in MCO areas beginning March 5," he said.
MICE activities have already been kickstarted in states under conditional and recovery MCO.