KUALA LUMPUR: A former Selangor Public Works Department director told the High Court that the department paid RM16mil to construction company Nepturis Sdn Bhd for the Klang Utara district police headquarters project between 2022 and 2023.
Lokman Nasir, 62, who retired in April 2024, said eight transactions dated between May 17, 2022 and Feb 3, 2023, amounting to RM16,363,193.70 were made for the construction of the police station.
The 23rd prosecution witness, who was testifying in Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin's graft trial linked to the Jana Wibawa project, confirmed several payment vouchers shown to him in the trial and confirmed that the payments went through Nepturis' Maybank account.
Deputy public prosecutor Datuk Wan Shaharuddin Wan Ladin asked Lokman if there was any breach of contract in the matter, the witness said: "None so far".
Lokman also confirmed that the project was financed by the Home Ministry.
Earlier, the court allowed an application by the prosecution to amend the fourth charge faced by Muhyiddin in the case by inserting the name "KCJ Engineering Sdn Bhd" in the charge sheet.
The defence did not object to the application.
Muhyiddin, 79, was charged with four counts of using his position to obtain bribes totalling RM225.3mil in relation to the Jana Wibawa Project from four companies and an individual; Bukhary Equity Sdn Bhd, Nepturis Sdn Bhd, Mamfor Sdn Bhd, KCJ Engineering Sdn Bhd and Datuk Azman Yusoff.
The offence was allegedly committed at the Prime Minister's Office, Bangunan Perdana Putra in Putrajaya between March 1, 2020 and Aug 20, 2021.
He also faces three counts of receiving proceeds from illegal activities totalling RM200mil which were deposited into Bersatu's bank accounts between February 2021 and July 2022.
The hearing continues before Justice Noor Ruwena Md Nurdin tomorrow (Aug 18).
