Bukit Aman to probe Ipoh lock-up breach


TELUK INTAN: Investigations into police officers and personnel believed to be linked to the discovery of prohibited items at the Ipoh district police headquarters (IPD) Sentral police station lock-up on May 12 will be handled by Bukit Aman Integrity and Standards Compliance Department (JIPS).

Perak police chief Comm Datuk Noor Hisam Nordin said investigations had been completed.

“The internal investigation has concluded, and several identified individuals have given statements to JIPS, which is conducting the probe in collaboration with the Perak police contingent headquarters (IPK).

“If JIPS finds the case to be serious, a disciplinary board will be set up to determine the appropriate punishment for those involved,” he said, Bernama reported.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Beadwork artisan joins ranks of heritage icons
Over 27,000 cattle imported to meet Aidiladha demand
Historic post office stamps its mark as cultural hub
‘PAS leadership will decide’
Gig workers get rights boost
Commuting accidents make up half of PERKESO cases
Penang Mutiara Line: Triple replanting to boost Penang’s urban canopy
New Act secures pay for legal aid lawyers
Lorry driver’s fake permit fuel run stopped
Anwar: Put loans within reach

Others Also Read