WCE Section 3 targets year-end completion, to open in 2027


SHAH ALAM: Section 3 of the West Coast Expressway (WCE) is expected to open to motorists in the first quarter of 2027 as it nears completion by the end of this year.

West Coast Expressway Holdings Berhad (WCEHB), in a statement, said the construction progress of the section had shown positive momentum following the successful resolution of a land acquisition matter involving 19 residents in Kampung Jawa, Klang, in December last year.

"Technical and construction works have been progressing steadily over the past several months, with key structures, including main pillars and elevated bridge components, now visibly taking shape at the project site.

"Progress on the project continues to improve, and we are optimistic that the section can be completed by year-end before commencing operations in the first quarter of next year,” it said.

According to the statement, Section 3 is regarded as a critical missing link in the overall WCE alignment, as it will complete the connection between Sections 1 and 2 while significantly enhancing traffic dispersal and improving connectivity for heavy vehicles travelling between the northern and southern regions of Peninsular Malaysia.

WCEHB also noted that once operational, the section was expected to further strengthen the expressway's role as an alternative strategic corridor to the North-South Expressway, helping to alleviate congestion and improve overall traffic distribution along the west coast corridor.

"The completion of Section 3 will also enhance connectivity to several major highways and industrial zones in Selangor, while contributing to smoother logistics movement, regional economic activity, and travel efficiency for highway users.

"WCE reiterates its commitment towards ensuring the project is delivered safely, efficiently, and in accordance with regulatory and operational standards,” it said. – Bernama

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

MetMalaysia warns of thunderstorms in nine states until 7pm (May 24)
Raya exodus commences; traffic building up on several major expressways
Anwar scheduled to open two-day Sabah Kaamatan festival
Govt expands AI development to rural areas to improve tech literacy
Removing numbers from counters has curtailed illegal entry syndicates, says Johor Immigration
46,542 commuting accidents recorded in 2025, says PERKESO
Man nabbed after failed snatch theft attempt in hospital parking lot
Sabah drafting 25-year forest conservation plan
Lorry driver arrested over use of fake permits to buy subsidised petrol
Sabah maintains carbon-negative status, expands forest projects

Others Also Read