SHAH ALAM: Investigation papers into a Petaling Jaya accident that killed a motorcyclist have been submitted to the Attorney General’s Chambers (AGC) for further action.
Selangor police chief Comm Datuk Shazeli Kahar said the investigation paper was finalised after police received the technical report linked to the case.
“We were only recently able to obtain the technical report, which allowed the investigation paper to be completed.
“The investigation paper was submitted to the Attorney General’s Chambers today for review and further instructions,” he said during a press conference on Monday (May 18).
Comm Shazeli added that updates would be provided pending further developments in the case.
On May 5, a motorcyclist in his 20s was killed in the incident along Jalan 17/21, Petaling Jaya.
Initial investigations found that the vehicle driven by a man in his 70s had allegedly lost control before veering into the opposite lane and colliding with the victim’s motorcycle at about 1.45pm.
The suspect in the fatal accident had been released on police bail due to health reasons.
The man had initially been detained to assist investigations before being released on bail.
