Factory fire in Proton City swiftly contained, no casualties reported


IPOH: A fire broke out at a factory in Proton City, Tanjung Malim, on Tuesday (Feb 17), but was swiftly contained with no casualties reported.

Perak Fire and Rescue Department Assistant Director (Operations) Sabarodzi Nor Ahmad said the department received an emergency call at 2.11pm regarding a blaze at the HICOM Teck See Manufacturing plant, located about 7km from the Tanjung Malim fire station.

“Firefighters arrived at the scene at 2.22pm and found that the fire, which involved a touch-up booth room measuring about 30ft by 10ft, had already been largely extinguished by the building’s automatic sprinkler system,” he said.

Approximately 10% of the room was damaged in the incident. Workers had already evacuated to the designated assembly area before the firefighters arrived.

The blaze was brought under full control by 2.28pm. Operations concluded at 3.56pm after personnel conducted overhaul works to extinguish remaining embers and ensure there was no risk of reignition.

A total of seven firefighters and one fire engine from the Tanjung Malim station were deployed to the scene.

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Wisma Putra: Consular officers to assist Malaysian detained in Japan
Fire destroys madrasah near Batu Pahat
Two rescued, one still missing in suspected drowning at Pantai Tanjong Buloh
Immediate aid channelled to Manjoi flood victims, says Anwar
Thousands come together to celebrate CNY at Penang CM's open house
Public must follow laws on fireworks for CNY celebrations, says IGP
MBSA: Emergency measures implemented after Section 7 fallen tree incident
Fire razes second-hand goods store in Air Itam
Thunderstorms, heavy rain expected in 11 states, KL and Putrajaya until 7pm
Missing Malaysian found in Japanese custody, says embassy

Others Also Read