Demolition of 68 Sentul residential units goes smoothly, police say


KUALA LUMPUR: A demolition operation involving 68 residential units in Kampung Chubadak Tambahan, Sentul here on Wednesday (Jan 14) was carried out smoothly, without any protests or provocations from the affected residents.

Sentul OCPD Asst Comm Ahmad Sukarno Mohd Zahari said 206 police officers and staff were deployed to assist the court authorities in carrying out the court order related to the demolition of residences and structures on the land in question.

"This assignment is to ensure public safety and order are maintained throughout the implementation of this court order," he told reporters at the operation site.

He said the police force's strength was divided into six deployment zones according to the groups of houses that were designated for demolition, and no objections or provocations had been reported.

Commenting on the eviction notice, Ahmad Sukarno said the court writ was served to the residents on Dec 5, while the eviction notice, which was issued within 14 days of the writ's issuance, was delivered on Dec 26.

"Today (Jan 14), the demolition action (eviction notice) against the premises involved will be carried out," he said.

He said most residents did not stand in the way of the operation being carried out, except for 18 residents in Zone 4 who had appointed lawyers for further action.

"This involves 18 residences, and matters related to further action will be decided by the court today," he said.

Ahmad Sukarno also said the operation involved various agencies, including Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) and the Malaysian Civil Defence Force (APM), in addition to the inspection carried out by the Immigration Department two days ago.

He expects the demolition operation to be completed by Wednesday noon or early evening, emphasising that the implementation of the Kuala Lumpur High Court order is a law enforcement measure to curb illegal construction and occupation in the area concerned.

Previously, the media had reported that strict action against illegal structures, unauthorised premises, and unlawful encroachment of areas would be carried out through a vacant possession judgement order at Kampung Chubadak Tambahan on Wednesday. - Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Anwar takes over Pandan as adopted constituency
Supporters gather in KLIA to welcome Global Sumud Flotilla activists’ return
Shots fired at suspects attempting to ram policemen
Traffic builds up on major highways as holiday travellers return
Malaysian citizen confirmed dead in Philippine building collapse
Bersatu claims PAS failed to work together to resolve Perlis, NS crises
Two killed in road collision near Bagan Serai
We are the moderate brand that gave you votes, Bersatu tells PAS off
Don’t poke into our internal affairs, Bersatu tells PAS
Defence Ministry mulling offers to replace cancelled Norwegian missile deal

Others Also Read