Jalan Tun Sardon to reopen at 8pm tonight (Oct 31)


GEORGE TOWN: Jalan Tun Sardon near here will reopen to traffic at 8pm on Friday (Oct 31) after the route was closed due to a landslide.

Penang infrastructure, transport and digital committee chairman Zairil Khir Johari said the work of breaking rocks, removing branches and trees due to the landslide that occurred on Oct 23 had been successfully completed at about 5pm on Friday.

"The Penang Public Works Department (JKR) has been working tirelessly on site to reopen the road for public use and with a little more work remaining on site, Jalan Tun Sardon will reopen from 8pm.

"However, the installation of canvas to cover the collapsed slope has only reached 70% and work is still ongoing on site," he said in a statement on Friday.

He said road users are advised to follow the Traffic Management Plan installed along the route and to drive carefully. – Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Never too late to write a will
Anwar takes over Pandan as adopted constituency
Supporters gather in KLIA to welcome Global Sumud Flotilla activists’ return
Shots fired at suspects attempting to ram policemen
Traffic builds up on major highways as holiday travellers return
Malaysian citizen confirmed dead in Philippine building collapse
Bersatu claims PAS failed to work together to resolve Perlis, NS crises
Two killed in road collision near Bagan Serai
We are the moderate brand that gave you votes, Bersatu tells PAS off
Don’t poke into our internal affairs, Bersatu tells PAS

Others Also Read