Over RM60mil paid to those affected by Kg Sungai Baru redevelopment


Photo: Bernama

PUTRAJAYA: More than RM60mil have been paid in compensation to owners and stakeholders involved in the redevelopment of Kampung Sungai Baru so far.

Perbadanan Pembangunan Kampong Bharu (PKB) chief executive officer Dr Khairul Nizam Othman said the compensation disbursed so far totalled to RM62.57mil.

The compensation amount, he said,  was determined by the Federal Territory Lands and Mines Office Director (JKPTG WPKL) in line with the First Schedule of the Land Acquisition Act 1960.

“Through the joint venture offer, flat owners will receive a replacement home with an estimated value ranging from RM884,000 to RM1 mil,” he said during a presentation at a press conference on the Kampung Sungai Baru project here on Friday (Sept 12).

Owners of terrace houses will receive replacement homes, with estimated values ranging from RM2.7mil to RM8.1 mil, he added.

The compensation package covers various costs, including property value, relocation costs and expenses, loss of income, hearing attendance costs, valuation fees, and others.

He said the land acquisition proceedings were carried out according to established procedures.

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Do you know ... about Orang utan Facts?
INTERACTIVE: KL, Penang and Putrajaya record biggest rise in local tourists
Academic qualifications not a measure for compassion
Ministry to provide one shared school field in every zone
Tourism Malaysia: Immersive experiences in the pipeline
Left-handed students take centre stage
M40 to be key focus of�Budget 2027
Keeping her promise to hungry kids
‘Pilot’s�extradition to be considered later’
The toxic river tragedy

Others Also Read