Body found in Bangsar construction site is that of missing British man, say cops


KUALA LUMPUR: Police have confirmed that the body found at a construction site here was of missing United Kingdom national Joardan Michael John Johnson-Doyle

Kuala Lumpur police chief Comm Datuk Rusdi Mohd Isa confirmed this in a statement Thursday (June 5).

"The body was visually identified by an uncle of the deceased who had confirmed the identity via tattoos on his body. This confirms the body of the man who was reported missing on June 2," he said.

He added that the cause of death was identified as "chest injury due to fall from height".

"No elements of foul play were found at the scene of the incident. The case has been classified as a Sudden Death Report," he said.

Comm Rusdi also urged the public not to speculate on the matter.

UK-based Daily Mail reported that the 25-year-old was last seen in Healy Mac's Irish Bar in Bangsar at 8pm on May 27 when he sent his best friend Owen a photograph of the pub's quiz night poster.

Brickfields OCPD Asst Comm Ku Mashariman Ku Mahmood previously said that the police had received a report on his disappearance on June 2.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

No guerrilla incursion into Kelantan following south Thai attacks, says GOF
Second boy found drowned, search operation in Keningau ends
Almost RM730mil spent on welfare aid for seniors, OKU, chronically ill this year
Sabah eyes promoting fishing as an international niche sports tourism product
Police issue 75 summonses, seize 31 bikes in anti-illegal racing ops on Second Link
Four nabbed, 3.4 tonnes of cooking oil seized in raid on smuggling ring in Terengganu
Pedestrian killed crossing SPRINT Highway near Damansara toll
Puteri Umno hopes to field candidates in Melaka polls
Suspect nabbed in PJ over allegedly seditious posts
Chukai's Teluk Kalong beach hit by coal pollution again

Others Also Read