KUALA LUMPUR: A former chief executive officer of a company has been remanded for three days until tomorrow for allegedly submitting claims containing false particulars amounting to RM360mil.
The remand order was issued by Registrar Eleanor Mako Timothy following an application by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) at the Putrajaya Magistrate's Court yesterday.
According to a source, the suspect, a man in his 40s, was arrested at about 11pm on Friday when he went to give his statement at the MACC headquarters in Putrajaya.
“Initial investigations found that the suspect is believed to be involved in submitting documents containing false particulars to make claims amounting to about RM360mil using sukuk funds in a highway construction project worth RM1.3bil," said the source, Bernama reported.
MACC senior director of the Investigation Division Datuk Zainul Darus, when contacted, confirmed the arrest and said that the case was being investigated under Section 18 of the MACC Act.
He said four individuals, three men and one woman, including one with the title Datuk Seri, aged between 40 and 80, who were remanded last Wednesday in connection with the same case, had been released on MACC bail.
