Istanbul earthquake: No Malaysians affected, says Wisma Putra


People gather outdoors following an earthquake shock with a preliminary magnitude of 6.2, in Istanbul, Turkey, Wednesday, April 23, 2025. -AP

PUTRAJAYA: No Malaysians have been reported to be affected by the 6.2-magnitude earthquake that struck Istanbul, Turkiye, earlier on Wednesday (April 23), says the Foreign Ministry.

In a statement, the ministry, widely known as Wisma Putra, said it is closely monitoring the situation following the tremor, which occurred at 12.49pm local time in the Sea of Marmara off the coast of Istanbul's Silivri district.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Wisma Putra , Turkiye , Malaysian , Earthquake , Silivri

Next In Nation

Cops nab smash-and-grab suspect who targeted parked cars at MRT stations
Social media user hauled up over X post insulting Terengganu royal family
Domestic Trade Ministry mobilises 2,400 enforcement officers for Ops Pantau 2026
Floods: 245 evacuated in Tawau
MCA open to work with ex-Bersatu members
Pangolin still in danger despite reduced threat in Sabah
Economic opportunities for Penang predicted to prosper mid-2026
Broader statutory body to oversee premium crops
Shattered dreams behind the bridal veil
Easing financial hardships�

Others Also Read